The terms "Intercept Interactive," "we," "us," and "our" refer to Intercept Interactive, Inc., and the companies under its control (such as subsidiaries), or under common control (such as parent companies, or companies owned by its parent company) (collectively, "Intercept Interactive Entities").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Ad Delivery & Reporting Across Multiple Sites
As part of our ad delivery and reporting, we log page views and collect information for the purpose of delivering ads or providing advertising-related services, including providing a specific advertisement based on a particular type of browser or time of day; statistical reporting in connection with the activity on a website; and tracking the number of ads served on a particular day to a particular website. To do so, we collect information about the type of browser and operating system of website visitors, as well as the domain name, day and time of visit, and page(s) visited. We do so across multiple web domains owned or operated by different entities (each, a "Site").
We collect the information described above by using log files, web beacons and cookies. While this technology is commonly used, you might not be familiar with it, and we would like to explain it:
- "Log files" track actions occurring on websites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.
- "web beacons" are electronic files used to track your navigation of a website or collection of sites, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior.
We use the information we collect for marketing and advertising purposes, to determine which ads perform well, to better match ads and website content to your interests, to assist us in improving the operation of our services, to maintain the quality of our services, to enhance our services to our business partners and clients, to provide general statistics to our business partners and clients regarding use of Intercept Interactive's services, and for the other purposes described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
As part of your interaction with Customer Forms, we collect data that includes a name, address, telephone number, email address, government-issued identification, and data that likewise would identify a specific individual ("Personal Identifiable Information" or "PII"). We may combine PII and with the data described above ("Non-PII"), that we collected from your inputs into Customer Forms. In addition to the uses described above, we may use PII and Non-PII for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion. We provide some examples below.
Website Registration Forms and Offer Forms
We collect information about you when you fill out Customer Forms, or when you complete a survey or offer presented on a Customer Form. Such information may include your e-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, payment information, background, interests, health, education, career goals, shopping preferences and other information. When you complete a registration, survey or offer that is hosted by a Site that we work with, the Site may forward to us all or a portion of the information that you submitted.
Once you purchase a product or service from one of our advertisers, you may be offered additional products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you elect to purchase such products or services, then we will pass the information that you provided during the initial transaction to the subsequent advertiser, including but not limited to your credit card information.
Customer Service and Fulfillment
We may use your information to operate the website promotion, service your account and to fulfill rewards. We may also use your information to verify your identity or claimed account status and, where we consider appropriate, investigate your compliance with the terms and conditions of the website promotion or any advertiser offer.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and share PII and Non-PII for any legally permissible purpose in our sole discretion, including but not limited to those explained below.
Other Specific Sharing of Information
- We may share your information with various third party vendors that provide us with technology to deploy commercial e-mail, validate data, vendors that sell the products or services for which you have qualified through one of our websites, and shipping companies that we utilize to ship products to you.
- We may share your information with third party service providers to enhance our database with additional elements, including but not limited to age ranges present in your household, whether you own or rent a home, the length of time you have lived at your residence, whether you are a mail order buyer or responder, household income, telephone numbers, and gender. Further, we may use third party service providers to append telephone numbers to other data points we have in our database.
- When you participate in an offer by completing a form, we will transfer the information you submitted on the form to the applicable advertiser.
- When you answer "yes" or "no" to a survey question, some or all of the information that you submitted during the website registration process will be transferred to advertisers that we believe may be of interest to you without providing you with another opportunity to review the information.
- When you select "yes" next to an offer, we will transfer some or all of the information that you submitted during the website registration process to the applicable advertiser without providing you with another opportunity to review the information.
In the event that Intercept Interactive is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used. We may share information we collect with Intercept Interactive Entities, for use in their ad serving and marketing programs.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTY SITES
Please be aware that third party websites have their own privacy policies that govern their collection, use and sharing of your information, including PII that you chose to provide to them. Such sites include the websites that you may arrive at after submitting a Customer Form, other websites of our advertiser clients, and where we place ads or any third party websites linked to one of our sites also may collect information from you. Intercept Interactive is not responsible for such privacy policies or practices of such websites or their owners or operators. You should check the applicable privacy policies of such websites that you visit to determine how they handle any information they collect from you.
Intercept Interactive may retain your PII for up to one (1) year from the last date you provided PII.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents to request information from companies with whom they have an established business relationship as a customer, and to whom they provided PII. These California consumers can ask about the categories of PII shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, and the companies can provide that information or permit the consumers to opt out of having PII shared with such third parties for direct marketing purposes. Intercept Interactive does not establish business relationships with consumers, but merely delivers Customer Form Ads, and so this statute does not apply currently to Intercept Interactive.
COMMUNICATING WITH CHILDREN
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with PII through any point of contact, click here to contact us and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files.
EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY
NETWORK ADVERTISING INITIATIVE
Undertone, an Intercept Interactive Entity, is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). The NAI is a cooperative of online marketing and analytics companies committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards. For more information, please visit www.networkadvertising.org.
Intercept Interactive employs standard measures to ensure the security of all information. We routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our services. No transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. You acknowledge and agree to assume these risks when communicating with us.
Intercept Interactive, Inc.
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
101 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10178